Property Transfer Tax

You pay Property Transfer Tax when you purchase or acquire an interest in a property. The tax must be paid when you register changes to a certificate of title with the Land Title Office. For example, a change may include adding or deleting a name from the title.

Property Transfer Tax is different from property tax. You pay property tax on an annual basis for services you receive from your local government, even if no money changes hands.
Teresa Smith
Teresa Smith
100 - 1553 Harvey Avenue Kelowna BC V1Y 6G1